Posting steps and advice
- Prior to using the service establish a contact and provide the following details -> name, contact number, contact email, return address, laptop make and model, value of the laptop (for insurance purposes when shipping).
- Take reasonable care to ensure your laptop is delivered safe and undamaged. Pack it well by putting it in a box and at least 5cm of padding around the laptop. Bubble wrap is great padding material. If you keep the original box from the laptop you can ship it in that one. It is the customerís responsibility to provide the laptop safe and undamaged.
- Do not forget to enclose the charger.
- Use insured shipping service and if possible tracked.
- You will be notified the laptop has been delivered.
- You will be notified after the notebook is repaired and payment can be processed.
- Once payment cleared the laptop will be posted back. You will be notified of approximate date of delivery. You will have to be present at the time of delivery and sign for the packet to receive it. In case missed one re-delivery or collection from a local depot can be arranged with the courier. If a laptop comes back undelivered and have to be re-posted another delivery charge will incur.
- The return postage charge is for service to UK mainland, 48hour delivery time and insured for £500. Other locations, faster service or higher insurance value is available on request and at extra charge.
- As in many cases the data on the hard drive is most valuable it might be wiser the hard drive to be taken out and not posted. Should the customer wish feel familiar can remove the hard drive. The power socket can be repaired even if the hard drive has been removed from the laptop.
- The turnaround times are not guaranteed. After the laptop is delivered and if instant payment is received, the turnaround time is usually 3 to 4 business days. It is longer if a payment takes longer to clear.
- Repairs on customers' premises are available for Greater London area only.
- Appointments are arranged within 1 to 3 days after the initial contact .
- On the premises the customer has to allow up to 3 hours for the work to be completed and provide the
laptop for repair, the power adapter (charger) and working space
(a table, a chair, good light and access to electricity socket.)
- This is a service for replacing a DC power socket only on a laptop. If there are other faults
on the laptop they are beyond the scope of this service. Other faults will be looked at if the
customer wishes only and at extra cost. Other faults might be more difficult or impossible to be fixed on-site.
- No Fix No Fee policy applies for the parts and labour only. Callout charge needs to be paid in all cases.
- For on-site repairs the preferred payment method is cash. Should the customer wish to pay by cheque
or different way the payment needs to clear before visit is made.